Here’s a great post about garden-based learning from a blog in Texas that I started to follow recently. Here’s to many more garden experiences for children in 2013!
Happy New Year from
The Earth-Kind® WaterWise Demonstration Garden
on Joe Field Road.
We hope you will take steps in 2013 to cure Nature Deficit Order.
Excerpts from the Great American Campout website and American Academy of Pediatrics:
- An “indoor childhood” hurts bodies & spirits.
- Today’s kids are more likely to “tag” a friend on Facebook than outdoors in a game of “freeze tag.”
- Kids today run from school to activities to sports w/ barely a minute to catch their breath. Loss of free time can contribute to stress, anxiety, & depression in children. (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- Studies show being outdoors is the perfect anecdote. Time in green spaces reduces children’s tension levels & enhances their social interactions, helping them to feel more connected to self and others.
Learning in the Garden
- Growing Food LiFE Curriculum Series
- Botany on Your Plate (Univ…
View original post 594 more words